Starting an online business has never been easier than it is today.
With the growth of Amazon, eBay, Shopify, and other online retail platforms, anyone with $20 can start an online shop!
In this article, I’m going to describe you all about drop shipping. Drop shipping is a retail method in which you don’t keep products in stock. Instead, you partner with a wholesale supplier that stocks its own inventory – you transfer customer orders and shipment details to them, and they ship the goods directly to the customer. The biggest benefit of drop shipping is you don’t have to worry about fulfillment or inventory issues.
Benefits of Drop Shipping
1. You Don’t Need Buckets of Money
2. Convenience & Efficiency
4. It’s a Trusted Model
How could you Find Dropship Dealer?
If you already know what products you’d like to drop ship, contacting the original manufacturer is the easiest way to find qualified distributors. Not all distributors will be willing to drop ship, but it will give you a list to follow up with.
I can recommend the paid directory World Wide Brands as a reputable source of drop shipping wholesalers – but it’s still very important to exercise caution.
Google can also be an effective tool for finding drop shippers, but you need to keep a few things in mind.
It works like this:
First, you find and source a product with a low wholesale price from a supplier. Then, you place that product on your store and list it for a higher retail price.
When your customers purchase the item, you take their orders and send them to your supplier. The supplier sends out your goods directly to your customers and you keep the difference.
How your website get more customer?
As long as you follow these next few tips, you’ll have a successful eCommerce drop shipping business for years to come.
- Continue to update your website. Work on your SEO and create high-quality content to bring in traffic.
- Maintain your relationship with your supplier. Keep tabs on the products you’re offering and, when you’re ready, look into adding more.
- Keep up with your customer service. Answer emails and questions, and update your FAQ page (if you have one).
- Stay on top of your social media. Refine your ads, run contests, and promote like crazy!